Thursday, January 29, 2009

Watch Out!!!! Thar she blows!!!

I've had a couple of people ask about the volcano that is supposed to erupt ANY MINUTE.... until the last few days, I thought Alaska was simply a beautiful state prone to below-zero weather, horrible driving conditions, $4/gallon gas (not anymore), EARTHQUAKES and good skiing. Apparently, it is also home to a number of active volcanoes as well. What a great state! The one that is about to erupt is not super far from here but far enough away that our only "danger" are clouds of ash. I have received a few emails telling me how to prepare for this.. I haven't done a single thing. I prefer the old "put your head in the sand" approach myself. We'll see how that goes for me :)


PS.. This will not surprise any of you with husbands who leave home for periods of time but, of course, Clayton is out of town for the next two weeks so I'd say chances are excellent we'll have some ash problems!!!!!!


Here's a link to an article in the LA Times for your reading pleasure.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

You are so funny. I can't believe some of the pics I have seen, crazy?? Who knew volcanoes in AK?? Wait, scratch that, I am SURE your husband knew their were volcanoes, and if I could guess, he probably thinks it is no big deal?? :)

Laura said...

Hey April...
BOOM!
Just kidding.