Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas Flashback

I know, I know.. I should have posted Christmas pictures before New Year but my freaking tooth has been giving me fits... I will spare you the details but please believe me when I say my mouth has been causing me more pain than labor ever did.

We had a good Christmas week!  Clayton took most of the week off and we skied the two days before Christmas and again the day after.   The kids are really getting the hang of it.  We skied Alyeska and the kids were able to each have a one-on-one ski lesson which helped immensely.  I had a ski less at Hillberg and am feeling MUCH better about the sport afterwards :)

After Christmas Eve skiing, we rushed home to make our 6:00 Christmas Eve service where Kara's class sang 2 songs.  The picture isn't great but she's in there singing her heart out.  We had a late dinner and then the kids put out reindeer feed and cookies for Santa.  I had to put this picture on of the note Kara left.. too sweet :)  She wanted to leave our front door unlocked for Santa since our fireplace is gas...we locked the door.

The kids slept in on Christmas morning which is easy to do when the sun isn't rising until well after 9:00AM!  They had a great time unwrapping their gifts.  We had Christmas dinner with some old friends (the Hegtvedts) and some new friends (the Sutterfields).  It was a nice day but we certainly missed seeing our families!  This was the first Christmas we haven't spent with our families EVER.
Kara is very much into her American Girl dolls so she was thrilled to get a beauty chair in which to "style" their hair as well as a snowboard set-up for her doll.
This is Larry Boy.  He's a veggie tales super hero.  Clay LOVES Larry Boy and this was his favorite gift.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great Christmas. We definitely missed you all, but look forward to seeing you all soon. Love you guys!

Melissa said...

We missed you guys. We love you all, my boys tell me all the time that Clay Clay loves Veggie tales. :)

Filleman Family said...

Funny . . I hit "comment" to tell you that we really missed you too but now it seems cliche :) We did though and can't wait to see you in Feb. (sorry about your tooth . . ugh)

Laura said...

Don't you love those little tiny skis? They're like carring around 2 matchsticks...well, compared to the totally awkward adult sized ones! Happy New Year to you all!

Sher said...

Fun pics! Looks like you had a great holiday!

To ease you and Kara's mind next year, you should find one of those Santa keys. They are basically a "special" skeleton key that you hang on the front door for Santa if you don't have a chimney. Only he can use it to get in. I have seen them at decorating places like Kirklands before. Just a thought....

Suzanne said...

Oh, I miss skiing. I haven't done it in years! I'm glad you had fun.
We think of you guys every day. I'm glad you had a good Christmas, and I'm wishing you a happy 2009.