Wednesday, September 24, 2008

How Buzz and Billie spent their Alaskan Vacation!

Other projects that occurred at our new digs while my mom and dad were around included, but were certainly not limited to: hanging of ceiling fans (raise your hand if you've ever had my dad wire and/or hang something in your home), wiring new outlets, installing dimmer switches, converting garage crawl space in our basement to storage rooms with floors, sewing curtains and hanging them, recovering couches. I actually do feel a little guilty about not getting out and about more when my mom and dad were here. I'd blame it on the weather but that's ridiculous when you think of what's in store for us in a few weeks!!! We did get out, however.. we went to Girdwood and rode the tram to the top of Alyeska (ski resort), went glacier sightseeing and salmon watching. We also saw a pod of Beluga whales in the inlet on our way home from Girdwood! My dad has some fantastic pictures if you're interested (he should start a blog). My cousin Monty, who is stationed at Elmendorf and is the air field manager, gave them a tour of the flight line as well. So, it was not all work...there was some play. We enjoyed having them (obviously) and it's a lot quieter now that it's just me and the kids for a few days.

This really is a bad picture of my dad.. but it was the end of a very long day for him and Clayton. They left the house at 6:15am to buy lumber and other stuff to make that storage room.

An action shot of the couch recovering that occurred at midnight 2 nights in a row.

Lovely family room curtains.

Riding the tram. It was FREEZING! But beautiful.

2 comments:

Skerrib said...

Hahaha--I was all "what on earth is the couch recovering from?" and then it hit me--you all were re-covering the couch. Duh. =)

Just found your blog via Suzanne K--cool!

I must say though, that I'm disappointed your house isn't made of logs, heated only by woodstove (it isn't, is it?), and decorated in moose and lumberjack motifs. Or better yet, an igloo. And where are your animal skin parkas?? Come on, experience Alaska!!

Anonymous said...

Will you parents come over and help Jake and I with our house? It would be really nice. Your parents are great.