Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Four Generations

The last 10 days we've had my mom, dad and grandmother visiting us in Texas. My grandmother Helen has always wanted to visit Alaska and now she had the perfect excuse: us! Gram Boyd (say this fast, like one word, and that is how my children call her name) is 79 years young so this big trip was no small feat :) Considering her age and her ailments, I wanted to make this visit easy on her... So naturally, I put her to work sewing curtains, mending backpacks and ill stuffed animals, and cooking chocolate chip pancakes every morning for my children. She was a great sport and worked enough to earn her gruel and water every night :)

At Ship Creek (say that 3 times fast).

Four generations! What a blessing!!!

Making apple crisp. Yum! Also on the menu besides this and chocolate chip pancakes: sour cream enchiladas, float "fruit beer" (root beer floats but you try getting Clay to say it right), baked apples and more.

Mending teddy bears and recovering couch cushions at midnight.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Sour cream enchiladas! I know that recipe! I can't get over in those pictures how much you and your mom look alike to me...You look great and it sounds like the trip was fun and busy, but you got a lot done...the house looks awesome April. :)