Sunday, August 31, 2008

Prince William Sound/Whittier

Today we went to Whittier and took a boat tour of Prince William Sound. Whittier is about 60 miles from Anchorage so it is a manageable day trip.  I'm having some issues posting the pics so bear with me and the disorganization.  We had a really good time but, in the end, decided that 6 hour boat cruises with 2 smallish children really wasn't a good use or our time or money (I think the people near us probably felt like it wasn't a good use of their time and money either!!).  Clay refused to wear his coat (rain, wind, low 50s) outside and much preferred rolling around on the cabin floor to anything else :)   Kara liked looking for animals but was disappointed to not see any whales..  We did see a black bear, sea otters, many birds and salmon.  The big blue glacier is Surprise Glacier and it was amazing.  Truly, the pictures do it no justice.

Book your tickets today, kids.. this place is for real.























2 comments:

Filleman Family said...

It is almost surreal that you live somewhere so pretty. I think it is so cool that you kids are getting to experience all of that. I can't wait until we can come up there.

Jenn said...

I can't believe you didn't get to see a whale! It's beautiful up there and kind of makes me want to move...