Sunday, August 17, 2008

Show Me the Way to Go Home.. I'm Tired and I Want to Go to Bed

I have been trying to upload a photobucket album of pictures of what we've been doing these last few weeks but it's not working out.  Suffice it to say, we've been getting pretty desperate trying to find ways to keep ourselves occupied while the builders go on about their snail's pace. Actually, in all fairness, it does seem like we've bullied our way to a Tuesday closing, Wednesday delivery of the household goods.  I THINK!  Keep your fingers crossed.  April doesn't have it in her for many more delays at this point.

We're all doing well.  We've been hiking the Glen Alps pretty much every weekend.  We got to go with some new friends this week but the clouds were so low, the view was gone!  The kids have been bowling and to the zoo as well as playing non-stop with our new neighbors in TLF. They aren't in any rush to move because they love their friends and the playground here.  

Kara starts school in about 10 days.  She is mostly ready but she is nervous that she won't make any friends.  That is very painful for me to hear!!  However, you all know Kara is very social and we think she's going to be just fine.  Clay-Clay is getting more "active" (to borrow Grandma's word for "totally psycho") every day.  He gets in trouble all the time because he can't/won't sit still enough to listen.  I think he's in for a rotten surprise when Kara's gone to school every day. There is no such thing as Mom's-Day-Out in AK.. I know.. I've looked :(

Clayton is good, too.  Work is work.  Flying is great.
  








1 comment:

Susan said...

Well the photo slide worked tonight, so good job! I loved all the photos and seeing the kids. Hard to believe how long it has been since I have seen Kara and that I have never met Clay Clay...I am anxious to hear about the close...hope it all goes well. I am thinking of you guys!
Oh...glad Clayton got to let us know he is good...you guys seem to get left out in the shuffle some times. :)