Monday, August 11, 2008

Housing Update (or lack thereof)





I thought I'd give you an update on our house situation.  As many of you know from my ranting and raving on email, Facebook and otherwise, we've hit some rough patches getting into our new house.  The builders are your best friends before you start signing papers... afterwards, you're at their mercy.  We're there.  We were originally supposed to be moving into the new digs on August 12 or 13.  Today is Aug. 11 and we aren't scheduled for our final walk-through until August 13.  After the "punch list" is compiled, the builders will let us set a closing date.  We're HOPING for August 18.  Our realtor is being as helpful as possible but it's the builders who are the problem!!!  We're going to do out best at peaceful negotiation at the walk-through.  You all have seen TLF.. you know it's time for us to leave after a nice (cough, cough) 6 week vacation here.  I have threatened to move all of us in w/Spinell's realtor if we're not in by the 18th. I suspect that may be what gets us some action :)

1 comment:

Susan said...

Oh April! I am so sorry that it hasn't been smoother for you...6 weeks already...wow I can't believe it...you are a trooper for handling it this well. I do like the dumpster out front as a decorative piece...you should consider paiting it and leaving it. :) Love you lots and thinking of you!