Sunday, August 29, 2010

Clay-Clay'isms


I just wanted to share a few funny things that Clay has said lately... He can be pretty funny, but mostly when he's not trying. On Friday after school, he was mad at me because I was chatting with a friend and he had to wait for me for about 3 minutes after school (they wait with the teacher outside but in line until a parent comes to get them.. this is only the kindergartners.. everyone else is turned loose at the bell). So we get in the car and Clay is still kind of mad. I let him sit in the front seat on the drive home (about 3/4 mile down the street.. judge later) because Kara had a little friend coming to play and they were in the middle seat. Clay looks at me with this bizarre look on his face and says "Hey Mom. Watch this. (turning to the girls) Hey Ladies. Guess what? I don't have any homework". Without missing a beat, in an annoyed tone and almost perfectly in synch, Kara and her friend go "That's because you're in kindergarten". Major shoot-down. But I don't think Clay really noticed. What made it so funny was that (as some of you may have experienced) the "Hey Ladies" remark is a constant coming out of big Clayton's mouth.. It's like he's some kind of smooth operator or something, which he obviously isn't. It made me laugh and pained me at the same time to see little Clay following in his father's foot steps...

The second funny thing he did recently was on Saturday morning.. he was lounging on the couch and he whines to me "Mommy, do I have to go to school today?" to which I replied "Not today, it's Saturday". Instant transformation for Clay :"Yippeee!!!!". I made a disapproving face and Clay goes "You should be happy. You said you missed me while I was in school". What a funny kid.. I don't know what to make of him half the time but he does keep life interesting ;)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very funny. Love the "hey ladies" - that will get them every time! What do you mean my brother is not a smooth operator?!? That is shocking! Love you guys!

Melissa said...

Very cute! WE all LOVE him so much!!!
Dude, how many times did I hear Clayton say, "Ladies please"... yeah he definitely gets the ladies from his dad. But Clayton IS a Ladies man, just ask him ;)

Amy Filleman said...

I adore that little boy!!!!

Amy said...

I am right there with you in not knowing what to do with boys...they are bizarre. Such funny stories! Love, love the wit!

Filleman Family said...

That is hilarious! Channeling Davis for sure. How did they not inherit our love for school :)