Tuesday, September 29, 2009

These Are the (Random) Days of Our Lives

As I sit here typing this blog update, I want to start by tooting my own horn saying that there are three sleeping kids in my house right now. Ah, bliss!! Kara has been sick for the last 3 days.. some mystery virus "that's going around" according to the Pediatrician. She spiked fevers almost to 104 two days in a row so I'm very thankful that it looks like we've rounded the corner. I wouldn't mind any additional prayers for the rest of us staying well, however.... So, it's Kara, Clay and Chase sleeping soundly for a few more minutes. This will never happen again, tho :)

So we've turned our basement into an art studio of sorts... why is that, you ask? Well, on October 10th, my friend Kamdon and I will be selling art on canvas at the annual base craft (crap) fair thingy. Now, get up off the floor or stop laughing.. it's true! Kamdon is a gifted artist, gifted enough that she can put me to work on these canvases in a productive manner! Our goal is to have 50 completed.. I am biased but they are really turning out nicely. We've even given ourselves the name "Plane Janes". You know, like airplane.. plane?!? We take custom orders, too, FYI :)


I also wanted to post a picture of the new window coverings.. the picture isn't great, mainly due to the cluttered living room but my friend Laura requested..


Lastly, the end this random, rambling, nonsensical post, I want to leave you with a funny picture of my Gram eating shrimp tempura at a sushi place on my birthday! This trip included lots of first for Gram not limited to eating dinner at a BAR! Next time she's in AK, she'll be drinking beer and bear hunting :)


PS.. not 2 minutes after typing that all 3 kids were sleeping, Chase woke up. Figures, right?! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We'll be praying for you all and cannot wait to see some of you this next week...sad not to see all of you. I will take a pic - send a blue one with Clayden for me...I'll put it in Hugh's room and claim it as my own because that is the type of person I am. Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Ooooo...pretty curtains! Tell Billie and Gram for me they did a fabulous job - and you, too, of course! Thanks for the pic and have fun at the Craft (Crap) Fair. I'm sure your canvases will sell quickly - they are so cool.
Happy Autumn, Laura