Monday, September 21, 2009

Long time, no blog!

It's been a while since my last blog.. in order to avoid boring everyone to tears with a narrative of what we've been doing, I thought I'd just post a bunch of pictures of what we did while my parents and Gram were in town.

Kara and Clay on their first night of AWANA this year. Clay is a Cubbie..he looks like such a little goober in his vest but he LOVES it and Kara was excited about him going with her.
My parents biking in our neighborhood. I think Kara was the photographer. They actually went on some gnarly rides with Clayton... and survived!
Kara and Gram Boyd crocheting.. Kara has her own skein of yarn and crochet hook now! I want her to make me a sweater and some scarves....
I celebrated yet another anniversary of my 29th birthday with everyone in town. My Gram and mom made me an Italian Creme cake, my favorite! We had dinner out and it was a great day.
Clay-Clay doing his "Clay-Clay thing".
Buzz and Denali. We are about 20o miles away from Mount McKinnley but you can get a good view on a clear day. If you make this picture bigger, you can see it to the right of the photograph. Blogger loses a lot of the detail sometimes.. this is one of them.
Kara and Gram Boyd making apple crisp. YUM! I think I gained 5# during their visit.
Again with the crocheting. I didn't get any shots of the Johnson Family Sweat Shop in business again this year.. we redid the curtains in the living room. They are AWESOME!
Eagle River in the Fall.. again, Blogger is not doing the colors justice. We're all red and gold leaves around here.....
Billie and Clay hiking down to Eagle River which is just below our house.
Good times were had by all, I think.. Of course, my kids are in the throws of their grandparent hangover so it's interesting around here for sure...

6 comments:

Sher said...

Wait...you mean to tell me I don't have to have another birthday after 29? I can just stop here and have anniversaries from now on? LOVE THAT! Here's to all the 29-year-olds out there!

Anonymous said...

It looks like it was an awesome trip and I heard a lot got done, which is great. The pics are great. We are super excited to see Clayden and Clay-Clay next week...bummed that you and Kara won't be here as well, but I know you'll will have fun together! We love you guys!

Kelvin Gillett said...

Fun to see your pictures, April. You can tell your parents they look exactly as I remember them; they haven't aged a bit in 16 years.

We had snow on the mountains but none in town. And it's supposed to get back up into the upper 70's this weekend so we're all good!

Anonymous said...

Everyone looks real cute and like lots of fun, but...I wanna see the curtains!!
Laura

P.S. I'm liking your longer hair!

Cynthia said...

Forever 29 y'all! Wait a minute..you like a cake that has cream in it? What is Italian cream cake? It sounds yummy. I'm glad you had a nice birthday and visit with your fam. Love the pics!

Melissa said...

It looks like you all had a ton of fun. I need a "Johnson sweat shop" here. :)
I told TJ yesterday, someone is coming to see you- if you could pick anyone who would it be"
TJ says, "Oh my berry favbrit pick is Clay Clay"
So he was thrilled. Eli was bummed Kara wasn't coming and Logan thought that meant you were coming, so I was trying to sell him that Uncle Clayton will be as good as his much loved "kookoo" Aunt April. I think he is skeptical on that one! :)
We love and miss you guys!