Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Labor Day Chaos!

OK.. I've lost my text for this post 3 times!!  AAARrrrgggghhhh.  For the LAST time, all I'm trying to do is put some pictures up of our labor day weekend.  My mom, dad and Gram Boyd are in for two weeks from AZ.  Karen came up for the weekend from Denver so we had a super fun houseful, for sure.  We went and cruised Prince William Sound on Saturday (where the Exxon Valdez spilled all its oil 20 yrs ago..sad!).  It was a beautiful, sunny day completely opposite of what the weather was like last year (happy).  On Sunday we went to the AK State Fair.  Imagine a regular old state fair but with world-record-holding 150# cabbages and excellent food (fried, yes.. but superior to other state fairs, FOR SURE!)  Everyone was pretty wasted on Monday (and Karen left late Sunday night) so we laid low all day.  However, I am reopening my sweatshop in a few days so, just like last year, I will be enslaving my mom and Gram again!!! (yay for new window coverings in the living room)

Having a little "snack" in Whittier before the cruise...

Posing for the obligatory photo-upon-boarding-the-boat.  We didn't buy theirs, we took our own (chepos unite!).
A glacier... it has a name, maybe Blackstone.  Very cool (both literally and figuratively).
Posing in front of a waterfall (not sure why the text is underlining..clicking on it will get you nowhere. sorry)

Kara receiving her "Junior Forrest Ranger" award.. she completed some activities in a workbook and got a badge.  She was also really the only school-aged kid on board.
Good times.  So sweet of Karen to bend down so we don't all look like midgets.


Kara and Clayton riding on a hang-glider ride.. Kara's complaint was that it didn't go high or fast enough.. she is our thrill seeker for sure.

The tilt-o-whirl.  (insert big headache, dizziness..)

P.S... this post has taken me three times longer than it should have!! I think there's a gremlin in blogger today.  UGH!







3 comments:

Filleman Family said...

the tea cup picture is awesome! Clayton looks thrilled beyond words. I almost didn't recognize Karen - her hair is so long - looks like fun . . . and jealous about the botox :)

Melissa said...

I love Kara's fearless side, she is crazy! My favorite picture is Clayton, he looks like he L-O-V-ED the tilt-a-whirl. TO FUNNY!

Adriane said...

Love the hat on Gram. :)