Sunday, October 4, 2009

While the Cat's Away....

It's girl week at our house! Clayton took little Clay to AZ with him for the whole week!! I know, it's mind-boggling for me to think about having no Clay-Clay at home.. And Kara in school during the day. Lest you think I'll be twiddling my thumbs, Kamdon and I have the crap show on Saturday and there is NO shortage of work to be done. Nonetheless, Kara and I have had a good girls' weekend already. I had a girls' get-together with other squadron wives yesterday (poor me, bellini, lunch and movie/shopping.. it was torture) and Kara hung out with a babysitter. We made brownies on Saturday night and watched a movie. Sunday found us at church, doing a little shopping and seeing "Cloudy, With a Chance of Meatballs" which was hilarious! (quite unlike the last kids' movie I saw: "G-Force"..horrible). She had pancakes for dinner and has been doing "art" a lot of the day. Suffice it to say, it is VERY quiet around here without the little guy (and the big guy, I guess). I think Kara is looking forward to school tomorrow!!

I haven't talked to either Clayton for any length of time since they left although Clayton called mat at 9:45pm AZ time and Clay was still up playing the Wii at Grandma's.... uh, really?? I won't get the whole story of this trip until I hear from any of my sisters-in-law or my sister.... maybe I don't even want to know!! At any rate, Clay was VERY much looking forward to his solo vacay to AZ. I know for sure Clayton isn't taking pictures so I'll have to relay on my sisters-in-law for photo documentation (hint, hint). :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun girls time! The boys are having lots of fun - Clay is super excited about all of sleepovers with the cousins. He is getting VERY gooder at the Wii! Love you guys!

Melissa said...

Noted must take pictures.
Sounds fun, but it sounds like you all are missing your crazy son. Isn't it weird that the its the crazy kids that you miss the most. :)
We are having fun, tell Kara E, TJ and Logan were all sad she wasn't here, they have all been talking about her. And I am sure if you do talk to Clayton tonight he will tell you that you are lucky you weren't at dinner tonight. No lie- 3 tables got up and moved to get away from us. :)

Filleman Family said...

Parker also asked for Kara at dinner last night after church. He is very confused. P pretty much wants nothing to do with Clayton and doesn't understand why you aren't here :( We haven't seen your guy much yet - tomorrow . . . . but Davis is crazy excited about it. He must have asked to go to Anne's 150 times today (prob not an exaggeration). You should have seen Davis and Clay at dinner after church = CRAZY!! D was just too excited. Sweet times. MISS YOU!