Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Frantic Preparations

I'm updating today because things are about the get nutty around here.  Why is that, you ask?? We're going to have a houseful by the time Friday night rolls around.  My mom, dad and Gram Boyd are coming in Friday evening.. Karen from Denver is also coming in for the long weekend Friday night late.  Everyone on this end is SUPER excited for our visitors.  It's going to be a crazy couple days, that is for sure.  The weather people (who actually know very little, it turns out) say that we're going to have some sun on Saturday so I think we're going to go on a cruise in Prince William Sound... maybe the AK State Fair on Sunday (don't you wish you were coming, too?!?).

School is going great for Kara.  She told me "I had a great day today, Mom" when I picked her up this afternoon (thank you, Lord!).  Clay is geared up for his "school" as well.. at least that's what he's saying.  I sort of think it might be a different story when it actually comes time for me to leave him.. (don't ask me why we're doing the clingy freak-out again all of a sudden).  

I'll leave you with a couple of shots taken mere seconds ago..

Kara diligently working on her homework.  It's hard to believe we're already to homework...(sniff)
Clay-Clay the ham.. doing his homework..which is playing and simply enjoying life, being waited on by his mother, doing "men" things w/his dad, riding his bike....he has quite the life ;)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun with all the visitors. It will be lots of fun - I know your fam is really looking forward to the trip. That is a great pic of Clay! By the way, all boys just assume their moms wait on them. Love you guys!

Filleman Family said...

You didn't tell me your mom was getting botox in AK!!! (jk haha:) I can't believe how much CLay looks like Clayton in that picture - more and more everyday. Miss you guys.

Cynthia said...

Have a great time with all your loved ones! BTW, yes, I do wish I was coming too. I agree with Michelle, Clay Clay is TOTALLY a Clayton mini-me - it' uncanny. Love you guys!

Amy Filleman said...

Sweet kara, such a good student. Clay could be cuter, just not sure how. The rents and Gram are really exctied to come. Sad that Karen is going ot be there with everyone and I'm going to miss it. Also sad to miss the harbor cruise!!sedsce

Unknown said...

SO fun to have visitors, esp the parents! Have a great time! Cutie kiddos!