Monday, November 24, 2008

Sledding


So the snow is here to stay... at least until April or May, is what they say.  We're taking the advice of those who have wintered Alaska ahead of us and we're finding fun things to do outside to pass the short days.  Thus far, our sled count is 3.  We have 1 speed sled, 1 jet sled (that's what I drag Clay to Kara's school in) and 1 random Wal-Mart cheapo sled.  The kids are enjoying sledding more every time but they're not so sure about sled safety (obviously, they get their cautiousness from me).  Today, I walked to Kara's school w/Clay in the jet sled for the first time.  He threw himself out of it 3 times and was quite proud.  Believe me, pulling a sled in the snow beats pushing my *$&%^$ stroller in the snow any day!!  

I think Clayton is going to go to Alyeska to snowboard on Friday.  He checks the snow report every day to see how much they have.. I think their base is up to 85".  Last year it was over 900". I am a horrific skier so we'll see how that evolves living here :)

Here are some recent pics of Clayton and the kids sledding on the hill in front of our house.  By the way, these pics were taken at about 4:45pm.. we're good and dark now by 5:00pm.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun. Clay...cautious...never going to believe that one! I use to love to ski, now it is not worth getting hurt - I am too old. Love you guys!

Suzanne said...

I'm with Jen on that one ... Skiing was fun when I was young and adventurous. Having kids has made me old and afraid of death or dismemberment.
Have fun with that, April.

Sher said...

I can see pulling Clay in the sleigh as a great work out routine!