Sunday, November 30, 2008

Last Day of November

Where has the month gone?? Where have the last 6 months gone, to be exact? I was thinking the other day that it's been 6 months exactly since we left TX! I can hardly believe that. Time has really flown by (with the exception of living in TLF). In fact, Clayton and I were discussing today how it will have been 2 years in January since we found out we were coming to Alaska.. crazy.

We had a nice Thanksgiving. My sister Amy and cousin Erin came up for the week and we had a lot of fun with them. Turkey day brought lots of food and a houseful: my cousin Monty and our friends the Sutterfields all ate with us. We had WAY TOO MUCH FOOD!! But lots of fun :)

This is going to be a nutty week at the Johnson crib. Clayton is going to Fairbanks for Arctic Survival.. read: living in the ice and snow and surviving. For those of you who don't know (and why would you?!), Fairbanks is WAY colder than Anchorage. It's going to be in the -20s while Clayton's up there surviving.. they'll cancel the class if it gets colder than -50F which happens from time to time. Good times. Oh.. and it's his birthday this week on top of it all :) He'll be home Friday night just in time for the 302d Christmas party. I don't know how it always happens that he leaves almost immediately after we have company....

I'll post some pictures of the T-day turkey and Amy and Erin's visit. Hope you all found much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. We count our friends and family among God's many gracious gifts to us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear you on time flying - it is crazy. I hope Clayton is surviving...and you too with the kiddos! We love you all and miss you all like crazy. We need some AK Johnson love in AZ!