Tuesday, March 30, 2010

California!.. and that darn mustache

Keeping with the theme of mustache March, I would be remiss if I didn't post a new picture of the beastly thing. Here you go. We only have 2 days left. Clayton is weirdly proud of it... Figures.
Apart from the mustache, we (I) had a big weekend. I went to California to surprise my mom at her 60th Birthday Extravaganza at Disneyland. She had planned this trip about a month or so ago, basically right after we were in AZ. I didn't think there was any way I could go.. it's sort of pricey to fly down to the lower-48.. Anyway, long story short, Clayton approved the transaction and I bought a ticket. AND kept it all a surprise. I didn't want to implicate anyone else to spoil the surprise, so we kept it on the down low.. My kids knew and they weren't amused, but they also were able to keep it quiet. Suffice it to say, it is a vacation in itself to travel alone these days.. add on a super fun, fast and furious 3 days at DLand, and it was a super weekend. My mom was very surprised, to say the least! And it was an added bonus to see my aunts, uncle, cousins, siblings and nephews on top. We had such a good time. Naturally, actually getting out of town wasn't without some bonus drama (Clay-Clay getting sick on Wednesday.. Clayton working a 24hr alert shift on Thursday (thanks Kamdon, again, for watching the kids overnight)..but I made it. And I made it home safely and without incident. (However, when did I become a nervous flyer?? I HATE those people and somehow, I am joining their ranks..must get some medicine for that. The turbulence is my downfall.. hardy, har-har)

I'm not too sure what Clayton and the kids did.. I know they tried to go to happy hour at our favorite place, Simon & Seaforts, but it was too packed so they went to Taco Bell instead. Needless to say, that did not sit well with Kara. She enjoys herself some fancy happy hour food. Speaking of Kara, she split her chin open riding her bike on Sunday. I came home to her with an enormous band-aid on her chin (not fancy). I guess that black ice got the best of her (again).. but no stitches!

OK, rambling post. Mainly I wanted to confess my trip to California and I wanted you all to share in the horror of the mustache. I'll post one more picture of it in all its glory before Clayton shaves it off.. I know you're anxiously awaiting already.

4 comments:

Filleman Family said...

That thing is atrocious!! I'd be more afraid of a run in with that small animal than your occasional moose :) Again, we had so much fun with you last w/e.

Melissa said...

The trip sounds SO fun! I'm SO HAPPY you got to go, what a great surprise.

What I LOVE about that picture is that he has sunglasses on inside. I think you can tell he thinks he looks cool, I love it!! Tell him he is letting himself go.. compare him to his dad (again) that was hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Wow...you are one lucky lady to be married to a guy like Clayden...foxy. Glad the trip was so fun and worked out...I am sure Billie loved it! Love you guys!

Cynthia said...

So glad you got to surprise your mom! What a great family photo of everyone and wonderful memories too!

When I see Clayton with this thing on his face, the quote "I'm your huckleberry" comes to mind. Does he say that to you? I'll be sure to send a mustache grooming kit complete with mini to-go comb so he can groom anywhere - perhaps pre-flight. It's hard to comb your mustache with sunglasses on though :)