Sunday, April 4, 2010

Skating Show, No Mustache and a Happy Easter!

Happy Easter!! We are teaching the kids about the early church and saying "He is risen!" Then responding "He is risen indeed".. Clay can be found randomly saying "Hey!! MOMMY!! He is risen". It seemed like a good idea at the time... Anyway, we've had a good day. Lots of (too much) yummy food, easter eggs and church. I'm still not used to Easter morning being 30 degrees...but the snow is almost gone and green grass is not far behind.

Kara just finished up a short series of ice skating lessons and, how awesome, the ice skating rink decided that the beginners should skate in their end-of-the-season show.. SO, Kara and Ainsley were disco ducks in their 60 second on-ice debut. I'm happy to report that neither one of them crashed so it was deemed successful. Kara is dying to take ice skating lessons again so I guess she'll go again later in the summer when Clay goes to his "learn to play hockey" lessons. I still kind of have a hard time wrapping my brain around the fact that we live in Alaska and my kids are most interested in the winter sports :) Obviously, I secretly love it!! Life really is like a box of chocolates...

I'll finish up this post with some pictures of Clayton, freshly shorn. He lost the mustache on 4/1...before the stupid contest or whatever it was even took place. But he held onto it through the entire month of March so I guess that was his goal. In the words of my friend Corby.. "I'm glad mustache March is over. Now I can be attracted to my husband again". IDK, the mustache was more than just a little creepy.. and it made Clayton look even older than he is.

March 31, 2010
April 1, 2010
As I close this post, I am listening to the sounds of an Easter hangover.. two kids short on sleep, heavy on sugar and dueling with a broom handle and a snow shoe. This one is going to leave a mark....

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Happy Easter! We missed you guys :)
I LOVE the "Easter Hangover" comment, that is SO True and SO FUNNY. You are so funny. :)

Filleman Family said...

We did miss you yesterday. Glad the stash is a thing of the past - it was quite weird. So cute, Kara in ice skating lessons. I always wanted my nieces to be dancers, but I will definitely take ice skating instead :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter! Miss you guys! We saw the "Easter Hangover" as well...LONG day. I kind of liked the mustache...well, in that creepy kind of way!