Thursday, March 18, 2010

Mustache March

So we're about half-way through the drama of Mustache March. I think it's some fighter pilot tradition where they grow mustaches through March. And then there's some contest at the end, who has the most pervy mustache or something like that. I think Aunt Cindy said it best when she wrote on my facebook page "It's not 1985 and Tom Selleck is no longer handsome" or something to that effect. It was well-said, whatever it was :) As promised, here is a photo of Clayton's pet:
The kids' spring break ended up being a very fun week. Clayton took 2 days off and took the kids hiking/snowshoeing up Mt Magnificent. We've had a fair amount of new snow so it was fun for them (and fun for Mom to have a few minutes with a quiet house).

Kara, Clay and Ryan sledding in the front yard. Good times. It's all about the sled.
Random night at an Alaska Aces hockey game.. this is Clayton's squadron commander and squadron mascot, Fado, the bulldog, dropping the puck at the start of the game. We were wondering if Fado would christen the ice, if you know what I mean... he's not the best behaved doggie on the planet (what can you expect, though, really, being raised in a fighter squadron?!). He did everyone proud and we had a fun time at the game.
Hiking with the kids (Clayton).. Don't know why he would give Clay-Clay "Venom", much less take a picture of it...
Clearly this is a post-venom picture as Clay appears to have tackled Kara going down the mountain.
OBVIOUSLY, post-venom. Look at the look on poor Kara's face... really? An energy drink for a 4 yr old boy? Really?
All good things must come to an end.. School resumed on Monday. Clay tried to talk me out of going to school.. he wanted to sit in the car while I cross-country skied with a friend.. I told him he had to go to school. He was sad. I had a close call with a moose (3 times this week!!). Good times, folks, good times.

6 comments:

Sher said...

Okay, so the picture of Clay drinking the venom looks like an ad for the drink! The beautiful blue sky, the obscure "other child" in the background. Tell the hubby he should go into advertising if flying jets doesn't work out! : )

Melissa said...

I am so glad you had a great week! Looks like tons of fun. I think Clayton looks good, but all I am noticing is that he doesn't have purple lensed sunglasses on! :)
In that first picture, I think Clay and Kara look alike, I could tell it was Clay Clay but you see so much of K in that picture! Love you guys!!

Cynthia said...

The "Venom" shot is hilarious. Um, hello?? I don't think anyone should be drinking venom. I'm glad you got some time to breath and relax! Love pics of the kiddos - they are so cute! Not sure if Clay will win for pervyest mustache since we can still barely see it LOL.

Anonymous said...

Not a look I would suggest for my brother...not pervy so much, just gay. Did he get new sunglasses? Cute pics of the kids...even Clay man-handling Kara! Glad you all had a good week.

Amy Filleman said...

Tom Selleck is a sexy old man for sure! I totally dig him especially the Friends episodes he was on. Yum! Clayton, however, looks a little windowless white van driver. Can you inagine what would happen if Dad didnt shave for 20 days?? Eww, facial hair is gross!!! Clay-Clay looks so freaking cute in those pics, especially the one with his dad. So sweet!

Susan said...

Mustache March...BLAH! I didn't care when Brandon was deployed, but always play the anniversary card when he is home...I think they all look like pervs personally. You can tell Clayton I said that too. :)
You are crazy ski lady! I am so impressed! And as far as the energy drink...at least he did it when he was with the kids and not right before he left them for alone time with you, right?