Friday, February 20, 2009

Eventful

We've had an eventful last couple days home in AK... Clay woke up on Thursday morning with a fever close to 105.  To top it off, he started vomiting.  We went to the pediatrician who gave me the predictable news of "virus".  I hate viruses.  It's so ambiguous... it's code for "Suck it up and wait it out".   Viruses can last from 1 to 10 days (in our personal experience).  Thankfully, thus far on Friday morning, Clay seems to have returned to normal or some close approximation thereof. How do I know this?  Gee, you be the judge (considering his temperature is 100.5)...

Clay:  "Mom, my tummy is asking for chocolate milk.  Now"

Clay:  (sitting up on the couch) "Mom, can you get me some Sprite in a cup with a straw?  And can you pull the coffee table right up to the couch so I can put my Sprite on the table (so he doesn't have to actually move more than necessary)".

then.. Clay:  "Hey, Kara.  I'm having Sprite already this morning"

Kara:  (no words, just shooting death rays to Clay)

Mom:  (thinking.... he's better)

Clay:  "Mom, do you want me to eat a popsicle right now?  I think you want me to eat a popsicle right now like yesterday"

Mom:  "How about a piece of toast instead?"

Clay:  "No, I think I just want a popsicle".


See?

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Hilarious! Clay is so funny. My favorite is the coffee table part, to funny. I think with this sickness he is definitely deserving of the blanket with sleeves. :)

Anonymous said...

Very smart little boy...very funny! I am glad he is feeling better!

Filleman Family said...

Hopefully he never gives such ideas to his extremely needy cousin Davis. birds of a feather :)