Tuesday, December 16, 2008

TAG! I'm it :) 7 Random Things About Me :)

My sister-in-law Michelle tagged me.. now, you may be thinking to yourself:  "Hmmmm, April must have a lot of free time on her hands to always be doing these weird tag things".  You thought wrong :)  I have PLENTY of things I should be doing (like mailing my last box to AZ, bathing my kids, cleaning my house.. you get the picture) but I LIKE to read these things from other people. And it's my blog, I can tag if I want to!!

************
1.   My first job was a grocery bagger in my grandparents' grocery store in Duncan, AZ.  I did this in the summers.  My next first job that lasted all through college was a front-office girl at a busy podiatry practice in Tempe.

2.  I won a car on The Price Is Right when I was 18.  Yes, I had to pay taxes.. about $1800.  It was a Mitsubishi Mirage.  I drove it for 6 years.  Yes, I kissed Bob Barker.  Yes, he was old. (these are the typical questions I'm asked when people hear this info for the first time)

3.  I have only been to Canada and Mexico as my foreign country visits though I have resided in Arizona, Oklahoma, Texas and now Alaska (Please, Lord, let Alaska be the last new state for us!!!).

4.  I have big food-texture issues.  I HATE super creamy foods that include: cheese cake, yogurt, pudding, cream cheese, whipped cream, pudding, yogurt, pudding, yogurt.... Those bad boys trigger my gag reflex in a MIGHTY way.

5.  I can quote virtually every line from every episode of the Brady Bunch.  It's stupid, I know.. but I LOVED that show.  My friend's ex-husband and I could also sing most of their stupid songs they sang as a "group" on the show.  Fun.  "When it's time to change, you've got to rearrange who you are into what you're gonna be!  Sha-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na!!! "

6.  In high school I had my ears double pierced which made my dad mad.  When I got a single third hole in my left ear, he told me I looked like a prostitute which is funnier today than it was then (my friend Holly and I rolled when he said that even though he was TOTALLY serious..that is the biggest reason I never got the tattoo I always wanted! ).

7.  I played the violin reasonably well from about 4th grade through high school.  I didn't practice nearly as often as I should have,  but I did enjoy it.  And here's the kicker, I'm "friends" with my childhood violin teacher on facebook (possibly the single most genius ways to keep in touch with old friends!).

I think I'll tag Suzanne and Susan.. big surprise but they always fill theirs out and, as said above, I like reading them :)

3 comments:

Adriane said...

I used to watch the Price is Right tape all the time. I always wanted you to win, and you never disappointed. :)

Melissa said...

Your funny. That comment makes it sound like you want to end up in Alaska???? I sure hope not. We want you here, and that crazy Clay Clay too. :)

AprilJ said...

For M, I don't want to move to ANYMORE new states.. the only move I want to make is back to AZ :)