Sunday, December 7, 2008

Mommy, I went Skedding! Like a big boy!


Clayton took Clay-Clay skiing yesterday afternoon (yes, this picture is about 4:00pm).  Clay's version of the events is a little different from his Daddy's but he has nothing but fun memories today (Clay didn't know how to turn so he just plowed down the mountain and crash-landed at the bottom...many tears and asking to go home until he got back to the top to do it all again).  There's a little ski hill on base here and it's cheapo for little guys.  They were gone for about 3 hours and Clayton got a great workout dragging Clay up the hill after skiing down... he's too little for the tow rope!  We've decided against snowboarding for the kids based on some APA recommendations (thanks Jackie!) to hold off until after 7 yrs old (Clayton has a lot of crow to eat because he said his kids weren't going to ski!).  I think the kids and I will find ourselves in ski school soon...    

2 comments:

Melissa said...

He looks SUPER cute and very proud of himself!! Troy and I and kids (hopefully not Logan) are going skiing/snowboarding the first week of January. I think Troy should throw Eli and TJ on ski's but much like his brother (shocker) he wants them to snowboard. We will see, I just found out that where we are going the high's this week are lower than the highs in AK!! I am freaking out! Me and my big belly freezing!!!
** You know what just occurred to me- if you all come out here in January or February and the Daddy's LOVE snowboarding together, maybe they can take a trip together up north and ski! That would be so much fun for the kids and the Daddy's. Oh yeah and the Mommy's :)

Anonymous said...

He looks great on skis - skiing is way cooler. I can just picture "Captain Crazy" (what Jake calls Clay) going crazy down the hill. So, Kara didn't want to venture out?