Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Merry Christmas.. Don't be a Grinch... Put this on your blog, too :)

Merry Christmas
I stalk my sisters-in-law's blogs (is that a word??) and Michelle and Melissa both had this on their blogs. So, tonight, as I wait for Kara to come home from AWANA, I give you this:

1. Wrapping paper or bags? Paper.. I'm a hideous wrapper of gifts and I think wrapping paper is a waste of money yet I continue to wrap presents badly. It's a special tradition.
2. Real or artificial tree? Fake. I grew up with real trees and they are beautiful and they smell delicious. However, they are expensive and died so fast in the AZ dry weather.. what sealed the deal was Troy becoming a fireman.. Clayton refused to buy real ones after some of Troy's war stories.
3. When do you put of the tree? The weekend after Thanksgiving.. we were raised that it was punishable by law to do ANYTHING Christmas before Thanksgiving. Like it matters... but I still follow that rule.
4. When do you take the tree down? Ha. Ha.. for sure after New Year's.
5. Do you like Eggnog? Considering my issues with food consistency, I will NEVER get egg nog near my mouth. I hate really creamy things (besides ice cream). Even if they're laced with booze.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? One year I got a Barbie townhouse, the one with the elevator and I LOVED it!! Another year, right after we were married, Clayton got me a Kitchen Aid Mixer.. also loved it.
7. Hardest person to buy for? Troy is hard to buy for, but I always pass that along to Clayton... it's his brother after all. I will say that Clayton is hard to buy for. Really hard.
8. Easiest person to buy for? My mom or my mother-in-law.
9. Do you have a nativity? Yes. Several.. like 5. I love them all and I'm always looking for more if you see any after Christmas that are practically free :)
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Funny you should ask.. I mail cards but this year I'm skipping the Christmas Letter and I put my blog address on the photo card. LAME! but kind of smart.. you have to admit.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Melissa hit the nail on the head. Hands down.
12. Favorite Christmas movie? It's a tie between Christmas Story and Christmas Vacation. Who can resist the fragile leg lamp or Cousin Eddie in his blue leisure suit?
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Sometimes the day after Christmas but often, I lose those gifts and forget about them for years... usually in October officially.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Not yet.. but that's an interesting idea.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Anne's toffee and caramel chex mix (I have all the ingredients to make my own..)
16. Lights on the tree? Yes. Our fake tree is pre-lit with white lights.
17. Favorite Christmas song? "Oh Holy Night" and pretty much anything from Handel's "Messiah".
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Until this year, we've ALWAYS traveled to AZ for Christmas... however, due to high ticket prices at Christmas, we're having our first Christmas as a family at our home in Alaska. It's going to be fun but a little sad at the same time.
19. Can you name all of Santa's Reindeer? Not only can I name them all, I can recite "'Twas the Night Before Christmas" in its entirety.
20. Angel on the tree top or star? Star. My darling children have both noted that our star this year is crooked. A move to AK was hard on our fake tree but we kept it because the lights still work. This is not surprising to anyone who knows Clayton.
21. Open present on Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? It's driving me crazy how my kids are constantly whining about what they want for Christmas.. when they have too much already! Like they need more... I think the consumerism of Christmas makes me the most nuts.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Airplanes are becoming a real traditional ornament but my favorite are the Pottery Barn frame ornaments I've been buying every year since we've been married. They have the year engraved and it's fun to look at them every year and see all the changes...
24. Favorite food for Christmas dinner? I love Christmas breakfasts of cinnamon rolls and egg dishes (Michelle.. can you send me one of your delicious egg dishes, please?)
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? World Peace.. oh, wait, that's what I'm going to say at Mrs. America. I don't want anything. I'm just happy Clayton's not in Iraq.
26. Who is most likely to respond to this? Sweet Susan Miller.
27. Who is least likely to respond? I would have said Adriane but I think Michelle threw down the gauntlet and she might do it :)

1 comment: