Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Shhhhhh...

So I was reading the news online yesterday and I saw a little article saying that Target was opening TODAY.  They called it a "quiet opening" with the grand party on Sunday.  Obviously I had to go down there this morning.  It was kind of crowded but not too bad.  I've been keeping a list of things that I wanted to buy there for a while so I was a man on a mission.  I found everything I was looking for and a few more things.  There was one major disappointment: the prices!!  They have special Alaska price tags that they put on top of the lovely Target price tags. I'd say stuff is between 10-25% higher here.  Sure, there is no tax, but that is only an 8% savings.  I know, everything is more expensive in AK.  I get that.  But there is one exception: Nordstrom. Same prices as in the lower 48...and no tax.  So guess what that means?  I'm actually SAVING money by shopping there.  :)   I digress... yea for Target!

2 comments:

Filleman Family said...

Yes . . . but are you sure the stuff on the racks isn't shipped from the "Nordstrom Rack rejects pile" :) Just kidding small towner!!
come down for your dad's b-day and liss and I will shop with you at Fashion Sq.

Suzanne said...

Who knew shopping at Nordstrom's would ever be the better deal over Target? Wow.