Thursday, October 23, 2008

My New Exercise Plan

This is what our driveway looked like after a couple hours of snow.. I think we got maybe 2 inches??  Anyway, I thought to myself  "Self, you should shovel the driveway for Clayton before he comes home.. what a good wife you are, self!".  So, I took the shovel after the snow, light dusting that it was, and I managed to clear off the top layer.  I scraped at the icy layer underneath but didn't make very much of a difference.  Meanwhile, I'm a little tight across the shoulders and back as well as my abs.  Forget Slim in Six.  I'm shoveling snow (at least one or two more times...then I'm going to insist on a snow blower).
Before....

After!!!!

(I know.... you can hardly tell a difference... humor me, folks)

3 comments:

Susan said...

I could tell a difference and good for you to get out and do it...how are you handling the cold and snow???

Filleman Family said...

I am seriously impressed. I had a similar experience (must less difficult however) when I tried to mow the yard for Mark for the first time. It took me so long (literally 20 min) just to start the motor that my shoulder was sore from pulling the starter for like five days. I wish I was exaggerating. Snow . . . impressive!

Laura said...

I have a friend here who has a magnet on her fridge that says..."Cleaning the house while kids are growing is like shoveling the driveway while it's still snowing!" I'm sure you can relate, especially now. Shoveling the drive is all about timing...