Thursday, July 17, 2008

I Give Up!!

Good Morning.  It's now 7:39AM, Alaska Standard Time.  I have been fighting starting a blog for some time.  I don't know why.  Probably just lazy.  However, I have to admit that this is probably a really excellent way to keep up with many of our family and friends (apart from Facebook!) as well as a way to document so many of life's moments since I seem to have given up scrapbooking despite a hefty financial investment in the craft.

I said this blog would give you a glimpse into our daily lives.  Let me add this disclaimer: we are currently living in TLF (that's temporary lodging facilities for you non-military folk out there). My personal TLF experience is limited to here and Tyndall.  I think Alaska facilities are a little more primitive than Florida.  My realtor, in fact, said many of the early buildings in Alaska were catalog ordered from Sears!!  I'm thinking that this house/condo/4-plex might actually have come from a Sears catalog back in the day.  It is suspiciously reminiscent of a modular home (i.e., trailer).  It is a 2 bedroom (yes, the kids are sharing a double bed which makes for interesting bedtimes), 1 bath little get-up.  We have a kitchen and a family room.  3 TVs, 2 of which work and sporadic WiFi.  The kitchen is "handsomely appointed" which means I can cook pretty much any recipe from Paula Deen or Rachael Ray but not much out of Cooking Light.   All this to say that our days in TLF are not ordinary.  We have only 1/100th of our normal toy volume, the cats are at the Kittie Kache (more on that in another post) and we are living in about 800 sq feet.  In all, my responsibility level is pretty low.  I'm trying to focus on that fact, that life is probably easier now than it will be once we move into our new house.

At any rate, thanks for joining us on this adventure.  We are saving a bed for you once you save up your money to come visit in Alaska.

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

Glad to see you gave up and joined in! I will look forward to reading all about Alaska on your blog until we can come to visit. We miss you so much already.

Callison Update said...

Yea April!
Glad to be able to "visit" you whenever you choose to post, and share in your Alaskan life. If it's anything like your trip up there, it'll be an adventure in hilarity, for sure! Glad you're settling in and able to observe the silver lining of your current living conditions...what a blessing. Hugs to/from the Klaira!
Laura

It's a Mom Thing said...

So glad you started a blog! Now I can keep up with your great adventures...you are sure to have many!

BTW, what you described as your place of residence sounds suspiciously like the seminary housing we lived in...only it was two bedrooms and 600ish square feet. TINY!

Hope you find a house soon!

Susan said...

Well I like the bandwagon better since you got on it...glad this will give us another way to keep up with each other! Love you!