Saturday, March 14, 2009

Catching up at the Johnson's

It's been a fun week at our house.. Clayton took a couple days off work last week to hang out and get some stuff done at home.  When one is prepared to be away from home for 6 weeks, one generally looks ahead and takes care of one's "to do" list.  However, when one is kept away from home for 6 weeks, it's amazing how stuff stacks up.  Most importantly, Clayton fixed the clothes dryer (sort of sad, wanted a new one) so that towels are no longer taking 4 hours to dry (but I really had my eye on the new dryer that steams clothes!!!).

In addition, Clay-Cay got a MUCH needed hair cut.  Notice Clayton cutting his hair in my bathtub.  I want to say that there is STILL hair in the bathtub that Clayton ASSURES me he is going to clean up.  I'm not holding my breath :)
This is not the greatest picture but it is a snow fort.  The snow is getting a little softer so the kids packed it into plastic containers and made a mini fort.
Kara found time during her spring break week to torment Snackie, our lazy cat.
This is Trooper, our friends' dog. He stayed with us for about 10 days while they were out of town.  It was really fun to have a little dog around the house.  The cats were certainly inconvenienced but we had a ton of fun with Trooper.  He certainly lived up to his name as he tolerated much "love and affection" from my kids and their friends.  We miss him!

2 comments:

Filleman Family said...

I thought Clayton was coming home to a new dryer for sure :) Oh well. I just have to say that I DESPISE the hair from the clippers. Mark usually uses a trash bag now when he is cutting but when he rubs his head over the counter in front of the mirror (repeatedly) to see if it is even - it leaves thousands of little hair trimmings all over the counter. They almost stick. YUCK!!

Suzanne said...

Trooper looks very sweet, and you look very happy holding him. Dogs rule! :)
Hope you get the hair cleaned out of the tub soon. Yuck.