Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving Recap

We had a lovely Thanksgiving here in Eagle River, Alaska. There were 19 at our house for the meal! No one no-showed and no one straggled in. Success!! There was too much food and lots of fun. If I may say, this was my best turkey EVER! Same darn recipe since 2000 and I finally mastered it (of course, will have to change completely next year because simply saying this, I have jinxed myself). Turkey is the one thing we came close to running out of. The kids LOVED having big kids around to play hide-n-seek and other games.

Amy stayed until late last night. I managed to get most of my Christmas shopping done, but only sent a few things back to AZ with her.. that means I get to brave the post office multiple times yet again this year..JOY!!!! We got some tubing in on Saturday night as well. It has been snowing a lot..until last night when the rain came. Rain + Snow = SUCKAGE! The roads are like ice skating rinks now.. and the snow is no good for skiing. BOO!!!

Oh well, it means that I must begin decorating for Christmas, I guess. Here's hoping everyone had a great Thanksgiving. We have much to be thankful for despite any errant circumstances. Our pastor at church on Sunday mentioned 2 Corinthians 4:17 where Paul writes about our light and momentary troubles.. It challenged me to look at all my "issues" in a different way, that's for sure. SO, I will resume my chorus of "this is the day that the Lord has made.. I will rejoice and be glad in it!"... (even if occasionally with gritted teeth)





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Turkey looks nice...almost fake. I am sure it was great. Glad to hear everything turned out so well...you are so grown up. Love you guys.