Thursday, May 28, 2009

Sewing Party






Today was Kara's actual birthday party.  6 little girls (plus Clay-Clay and Chase) arrived at chez Johnson for a "sewing party".  Kara has been interested in sewing and got a kid sewing machine for Christmas last year.. No, I haven't learned to sew (yet) but my friend Kamdon is an expert and she graciously provided the sewing expertise for us today.  Each little girl "made" a sundress and flip flops.  We had a sewing themed cake (I assisted Kamdon on it's creation) and the girls must have eaten 10# of fruit as well (oops).  Kara had a grand time and, at one point, I heard a little girl say "This party rocks"!!  How funny!!!!  

  

7 comments:

GeleeneG said...

That is so cute! I'm jealous of Kara's party. I would have loved that. :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like it turned it out great! I am sure the girls had an amazing time. That cake is awesome...that is some serious talent!

Melissa said...

THe cake is awesome, great job!! The girls look like they had tons of fun. Kara looks so happy. :)

Darcy said...

What a great idea for a party and the cake is AMAZING - wow! Great job!

Jana said...

that cake rocks!

Filleman Family said...

Wow quite the party and quite the cake - so fun . . . I don't think there are any sewing parties in my future - maybe someday we will live close enough to get to attend!

Cynthia said...

Uh, mom of the year award is in the mail..what great parties and memories for Kara and Clay :)