Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Hawaii Observations


1.  Hawaii has a disproportionate amount of weirdos.. and they make me feel unsafe.  For example, we saw this homeless guy wogging (walking/jogging) down the beach shadow boxing with big Freddy Kruger gloves that had rusty nails pointing pointy side out.  I couldn't help but asking "Is that legal?".  No one seemed to notice but me.

2.  Just because you can button it/pull it up/pull it OVER doesn't mean that it fits.  (shorts, swimsuits, dresses)  This seems to me a rule to live by.

3.  $5 for a can of coke is immoral (HILTON HAWAIIAN VILLAGE, this means you).  

4.  Speedos should be outlawed in the USA.  Seriously.

5.  Women look beautiful with flowers behind their ears, almost universally.  However, if I put a flower behind my ear in Alaska, it would be weird.

6.  Two Coach stores within 1 city block, alabeit on opposite sides of the street, is a bit much.  BUT, I did see Japanese women with a Coach shopping bags RUNNING into the one in front of me.

7.  Speaking of the Japanese, I think they singlehandedly support the high end shops in Waikiki. 

8.  Still speaking of the Japanese, they are everywhere.  This is not bad, it's just an observation.

9.  Back to swimming suits.. I wouldn't wear a bikini even if I was stoned... however, I have more business wearing one (which is none at all, if we're being honest) than 50% of the bikini wearers on the beach.  Frightening.

10.  I would choose to live in Anchorage any day over Honolulu.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is Ronnie doing in Hawaii?!? Kidding. Ah, the list makes me laugh. You never know what people are thinking when they put swimsuits on...especially a Speedo. I mean really...do they really think it looks good?!? Because it never does...never ever.

Melissa said...

I think I fall victim to your #2 observation right now :(
Very funny observations. The Japanese completely support Hawaii's economy, very true. Looks like you are having tons of fun, we miss you guys. Love you.

Anonymous said...

You, April, are one seriously funny lady! I laughed through your whole list, and challenge you to wear a flower behind your ear in Alaska...just to see what happens! Glad y'all are having a good trip. Here's to some Clayton time this weekend...
Love, Laura