Monday, November 1, 2010

In Other News....

November??!! I can remember when I was in high school complaining about how time seemed to go so slowly. My Grandmother told me that once I got older, time would seem to speed by me. I didn't believe her but she turned out to be correct, AGAIN! It's amazing to me that we're coming up to Thanksgiving. We have some snow on the ground but not enough to work with.. it'll come, I'm sure :) We're very excited about dragging out the skis... so, we say, "Let It Snow"!!!

Here are some recent highlights and goings on around our house...

Kara at her American Heritage Girl joining ceremony. She was so proud to walk behind the flag, for some reason :) Patriotism runs deep around here, that's for sure and we are happy our kids value our country.

Lighting the candles and getting their patches.
While the Claytons were in AZ, Kara had spirit week at school.. one day was crazy hair day. Kara knew exactly how she wanted her hair to be.. little pony-tails all over and a big flower on top. I believe it qualified as crazy.. unless you're shopping in a Walmart in Texas on any given day.. then it's status quo.
As the weather turns, kids go out less often.. and they turn to fort building. This picture doesn't do the fort any justice.. in fact, it just makes my living room look messier than usual. Suffice it to say, this was their masterpiece fort to date..
Halloween is not really celebrated at our house, per se, but far be it from Clayton to deny his chance at free candy from the kids!! Kara was dead set on being a barrista this year. I have no clue where she came up with the idea but we made it work. I ordered a kids' apron from some guy in Taiwan on eBay for $17. Worth every penny. She got a latte painted on her face at Peace Lutheran's Harvest Fest on Friday night.
Ooops... an out-of-order photo... Kara lost both her front teeth in a week. She very much enjoys talking funny and she is VERY much enjoying double-duty tooth fairy money.
Back to Halloween.. we went to our neighbors' house for dinner.. my friend Kim was telling me about a spooky tree cake she made so I gave it a whirl with some help from Clayton (he made the tree!!!). It looked awesome, if I may say, which I may since it's my blog.. but it tasted HORRIBLE! I don't know what happened. Good thing there was lots of candy.
Boba Fett and Boba Fett.
All the kiddies before heading out to beg for candy...

So, all in all, we're doing great and waiting patiently for full-on winter. Come visit and bring a coat, hat and gloves.. you'll need it when we drag you out for some winter-time fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A barrista? That is funny. Congrats to Kara! Love you guys!

Filleman Family said...

Gotta love her appreciation for Sbucks - makes me want some green tea right now! The kids look so cute. D & P loved all the pictures. For the record - Parker thinks you cake looks "awesome" :)