Wednesday, May 19, 2010

This One's a Doozie, Folks!

This is going to be a lot of pictures, this post.. We're in the middle of a BIG week around here. Lots of "lasts"... A first... Kara's turning 7... Grandparents and a Great Grandma are coming to visit. Daddy's TDY for a few days. DETAILS GALORE. We're at the half-way point. I think we're gonna make it :)

This is Jojo. He's our new cat (said very grudgingly by me). He was clearly abandoned in our neighborhood about a week before the first snow. What were we to do?? He's HUGE! I don't think you can really tell from this picture. I think he's part jackalope.
This Tuesday was the last "Trade-off Tuesday" of the season. This has been a winner of a deal for both the kids and the moms (I think). This day at our house, the sun was out and the kids were literally soaking it in.
Building a campfire in our backyard... fortunately, no matches were involved.
A true first!! April biking with a dog in a backpack (40+ miles in 2 days). Trooper seemed to enjoy himself. He got to stay with us again for a week. Good times, Troopie!
A last: Kara's last field trip as a firstgrader.. We went to the zoo. It was freezing. This was the middle of May in south Anchorage. Fleeces were not overkill this day, sadly enough.
Kara and Mommy.. there was a grizzly bear behind us in case you were wondering!
Clay's last Sunday as a Lutheran :) He's all done with preschool. I can't say enough good things about Little Lambs of Peace Preschool. He has loved going and has learned a lot from Mrs. Hackmann. We'll miss you guys!!!!
Clay's last field trip as a preschooler. We went to Matanuska Creamery in Wasilla. This is Clay milking a fake cow. No words.
Enjoying some very tasty ice cream at the creamery.
Clay and I cheesing it up after we ate cheese curds for the first time. They're not nearly as gross as they sound.

In my mind I am composing an awesome post for Kara's 7th birthday on Friday. I seriously doubt that I'll get it posted in a timely manner.. but it's going to be a good one, I just know it. In case you're wondering, we're having an art birthday party for 7 of her friends on Friday. Kamdon made the cake and it's awesome. I think it's going to be a good time. I'll probably get pictures of the party up on a relatively timely manner.


5 comments:

Filleman Family said...

You look so pretty in both pics with your kiddos. I miss you guys tons!! Please tell me you are coming to AZ this summer and not bailing since almost everyone gets to come to you????!!!???

Anonymous said...

Great pics! The kids are growing up...so fast. And mine are still babies... Love you guys and miss you all. I hope our card to Kara comes by tomorrow!

Cynthia said...

Happy Birthday to Kara!!! I love the pics. You look beautiful and the kiddos are so big and cute. Can't wait to see pics from the art party. Love, Aunt Cindy

Unknown said...

I can't tell who has more fur: JoJo or Clayton's arms.

Susan said...

Loved it...you do look amazing...what is your secret!!! Everyone looks great and makes me miss you more...